Does big picture thinking give you energy? Do you believe culture is the most important factor in a successful business? Do you believe tacos and margaritas make life better?
If yes…Centro Restaurant Group (CRG) is looking for you, a self-directed leader to serve as Director of Operations. Join our awesome and fun team and help build the future of CRG.
Food and drink with innovation. Atmosphere felt with energy, heart, and dedication.
Centro Restaurant Group aims to create fun fast-casual concepts that provide a welcoming and memorable experience for all guests while providing speedy and thorough service and quality food and beverage.
Our company values lie within our team and our community. CRG is devoted to fostering a fun and respectful space for our staff and our guests. We view our relationship with our community as symbiotic – when we nurture our family, our family grows and becomes stronger and thus, helps us better serve our community. In addition, CRG nurtures our team. We work hard to create an equitable, positive, and fun experience for all staff. We will invest as much in you as you invest in us, and are focused on not only having a cohesive and efficient team but in creating leaders.
As a valued member of our team you compensation package would include:
- Competitive salary based on experiences: $80,000 – $120,000
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement savings plan with 3% match
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for professional development and leadership training
- Opportunities for community service and philanthropic work
- Opportunities for promotion and bonuses
- Free meals
- Employee discounts
- Annual all staff celebrations/parties
This is where you come in…
As CRG’s Director of Operations you will be the CEO’s confidant and partner in tackling important day to day business. Overseeing multiple CRG locations including CRG’s commissary kitchen, your core responsibility will be to uphold CRG’s quality and consistency standards. As the Director of Operations, you understand that a positive culture comes from the top down and take seriously the responsibility of maintaining a positive culture at every level and every location. You will assist with not only day to day operations but will help implement CRG’s large-scale vision.
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
1) Standards Control: Monitor the implementation of company-wide policies and procedures. Oversee overall company compliance including but not limited to licensing; as well as safety and sanitation standards. Assist in controlling food and labor costs. Manage and ensure the efficiency of all communication channels between store fronts and the CRG commissary kitchen. Learn, implement, and monitor several company-wide technology and app based systems.
2)Team Work: Mentor and supervise the General Manager’s of each assigned location. Work in conjunction with CRG departments to oversee the operations of not only multiple storefronts but CRG’s pastry, catering, and delivery programs. Collaborate with General Managers and Administrative Departments to recognize and predict the needs of the company as a whole and for each individual location.
3) Big Picture Thinking: Attend, lead, and set agendas for CRG leadership meetings. Set company-wide and departmental goals, KPI’s, and initiatives. Keep a pulse on company morale and culture. Participate in the oversight and implementation of HR protocol and benefits; as well as employee training and development. Assist in the implementation of CRG’s strategic business plan.
What You’ll Bring
- A vast knowledge of large scale businesses and how they operate
- Restaurant experience and an understanding of how restaurant’s operate
- Management experience and experience supervising and training teams
- An entrepreneurial and innovative approach to growing the business, an ability to identify and implement new business initiatives
- A love for hospitality and the unique culture of restaurants
- A desire and ability to perpetuate a positive work culture
- A thirst to learn, develop oneself, and an openness to constructive criticism
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Commitment to Centro’s mission and values
Centro is an equal opportunity employer
We value diversity, inclusion and belonging at our company. Centro does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, familial status, or veteran status.